Thursday, June 10, 2010

Proud Father of a Graduate

I'm the lucky father of my son Omar who just graduated this week Summa Cum Laude from Ronald Reagan High School. He has been accepted to Trinity University and he, as well as my other two children who are currently in college, continue to make me proud.

I've often said that success in education begins with a good school. I worry how many other Texas children are as fortunate as my children to graduate from a fine school like Reagan which produced 513 total graduates who have all been admitted to colleges. They earned a total of $8 million in scholarships. I'm fully aware this success is not being transferred across the rest of Texas. When I'm elected as a Texas representative, I'll work to change that. Every school should give the same tools of success to its students. Education is a priority of mine, and I expect it's a priority for concerned citizens like you.

Congratulations to the Class of 2010 all across Texas. Graduation is a major step in any young person's life. I encourage all of you to work towards higher education for a more successful career.
                                  Reagan High School's Graduation Ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment