Wednesday, October 6, 2010

National Lights Out Night

I was invited by some new friends in Encino Park to attend National Lights Out Night. This national event is a good opportunity for us to meet our neighbors. I love being an American, but sometimes we get so caught up with our busy lives that we forget who lives next door to us. I enjoyed meeting with these fine folks. These are the people that make our city great--family men and women, raising their children and working for an honest living.

As I walked around speaking with people, I was amazed how many of the issues I stand for are really important to them. They want overpasses at 281 and 1604, and they don't want to be overtaxed. As their representative, I want to put the time and effort to make sure their concerns are properly voiced at the state capitol.

Encino Park
Dr. Ali explaining his views.
William Peche, candidate for JP Court-Prct. 3, joined us for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment