Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Fight Against Toll Roads Comes to Town Hall

Tonight, I'm hosting a public town hall meeting to discuss and examine the proposed toll roads that may be brought to Bexar County. Anyone who wants to hear non-tolling options to fix the congestion in San Antonio is invited to participate. The meeting will be held at 6:30 PM at the Voight Center, 701 El Portal St., San Antonio, TX in Hollywood Park.

The fight against toll roads is one of my biggest priorities in this campaign. Since I lives in district 122, I take many of the same roads to get to work and for daily travel. The idea that the free highways of Bexar County may become toll roads is enough for me to stand up and fight against the state. As a concerned citizen, I have educated himself about toll roads and have even invested in an anti-tolling Web site to better inform my neighbors, www.FightTollRoadsSA.com.

Of both candidates running for the Texas House seat for district 122, I am the only candidate that has never accepted money from construction firms bidding to build the toll roads. I am best suited for the role of representative since I have lived in the district for as long as I have lived in San Antonio. As a successful businessman and a community leader I am willing to take my experience and smart solutions to the Texas House of Representatives.

For more information on this Town Hall meeting, contact my Media Director Kareem el-Dahab at (210) 413-9878 or by email at kareem@alifortexas.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment