Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Texas Democratic Convention -- Day 1

At the Texas Democratic Convention, it was a smart time for me to spread the word of my campaign. Fellow Democrats need to understand the urgency of getting a Democrat elected in District 122 for the Texas House of Representatives. We set up a booth to pass out yard signs and earn support. I thank my family and staff for managing the booth while I was away speaking at caucuses.

A fellow Democrat from San Antonio, Rebeca Martinez, who is running for a judicial seat in the 4th Court of Appeals, had a great mixer in downtown Corpus Christi. She is running against a Perry-appointed candidate and her appellate court will reach 32 counties in South Texas.

The biggest event of the first the day of the convention for me was the Texas Stonewall Democrats event at a local art gallery. I met some popular Democrats like Rep. Mike Villareal, Chair Boyd L. Richie, and Barbara Ann Radnofsky. I already have earned the endorsement of the San Antonio Stonewall Democrats. Being from my own diverse background, I know how hard it is to find acceptance. I let them know that Democrats are united for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment